Responsible for the daily management of the department. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises workflow and performance of associates.
- Assists in coordination and development of UM quality initiatives.
- Participates in strategic planning and budget processes.
- Ensures compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Works in conjunction with other UM staff to improve service quality initiatives, develop audit tools, and meet NMIS and other quality standards.
- Provides quality control services such as call monitoring.
- Develops and implements associate training.
- Performs audits to monitor efficiency and compliance with policies.
- Prepares reports.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports. Requires HS diploma or equivalent; 4 years operational experience in progressively complex customer service or call center; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. RN or BSN preferred.
- For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply: Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.