- Responsible for general accounting function.Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure accurate and timely postings of all journal entries, compliant to applicable standards, policies (e.g. DOA, bank mandates, etc) with complete and valid supporting documents.
- Proper booking of CAPEX, with considerations to related reporting requirements (asset count, depreciation schedule, lapsing schedule, PEZA ITH validation, OTC reporting and the like)
- Minimize (if not avoid) mispostings, posting reversals, reclassifications, etc
- Review and approval of AP and Journal vouchers
- Timely issuance of billing and posting of collections
- Timely and accurate posting of accruals, with proper supporting documentations
- Timely closing of month end period
- Timely preparation and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliation; No unidentified reconciling items; Reconciling adjusting entries should be done before the next balance sheet reconciliation.
- Perform quarterly balance sheet review
- Main liaison for year end-statutory audit
- Stewardship of the filing system, accounting files; Analyze and recommend filing process that ensures ease of tracking and efficient use of the onsite filing facilities
- Identify internal control weaknesses and recommend remediating steps
Requires a BA/BS in Accounting or related field; 5 years of experience in general accounting, financial controlling and similar function in a multinational company; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. CPA, CFM, CMA, or MBA preferred. Prior leadership or management experience a plus.